Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wednesday morning...

It seems that H is most in need of shelves. She has very high ceilings and spacious cabinets, but to maximize the space, she'll need shelves to divide the 2'-1 1/2' height in her cabinets - it would also reduce crowding on the main surfaces. I'll use some of my money for it because a. she's saving for an Asian Tour shortly after I leave, and b. they're cheap. (and a beneficial investment for her)

I experienced a new aspect of jet lag this morning - I woke up around 6, and couldn't go back to sleep. Tonight, I think I'll use the Calm before I go to sleep so I stay asleep.

My lips are taking the worst of the chill/dry air. Yesterday, H let me use some lip balm that cost 1 yuan. It was strawberry flavored.

One of H's friends (Chinese) gave her some snacks for me. I'm trying one now. It's a bit greasy and chewy - kinda like biting into soft caramel or a Starburst. Good thing I don't have braces! All in all, it's not too bad, just an unaccustomed (very Chinese) flavor. Maybe by the time I finish the 2 packages of 6, I'll be hooked on them... or maybe I'll take a package home...

No comments: