Thursday, December 18, 2008

From the Air II

It is somewhat later now. C-time is 10 'til 10, EST 10 'til 9. We are now over Russia. We traveled North by Northeast over Greenland, and we are inland of the Laptev Sea (which separates Russia from what is generally regarded as the Arctic). With this route, we circumvented the International Date Line. The plane is due to land in about 5 hours, and they mean to feed us once more before we disembark.

The food has been pretty good. I chose the beef entree for lunch/dinner, and, since Jack is allergic to nuts, I got his brownie in addition to mine. I'm saving it for later... We were also served a salad with shrimp and a hot roll with butter. I got a fortune cookie which spoke of not staying out of the rough spots of life, but figuring a way out when you get in one. Profound, I assure you (with my tongue in my cheek...). Just a few minutes ago, we were served a hot chicken sandwich on a multi-grain bun and a half-cup serving of vanilla Haagen-Dazs. I'm trying to stay hydrated and healthy, so I get a glass of water and a glass of juice when they are offered.

My nose has been running off and on some, but it's nothing too bad. I got about 2 hrs of rest earlier, and I'll try for more shortly. I'm a tad annoyed that I forgot ChapStick, but I think I can somehow survive... The flight has been fairly smooth, with some rough pockets, like the one we're in now. Aaaand now it's over... No dramatic drops or anything, though. Other than the Chapstick, the other thing I believe I forgot was the packet of seeds and soil pellets Mom got for H. Pity, too, I was looking forward to starting those seeds... Ah, well, nappy time again... (Can you believe I was able to stop watching FOTR (Fellowship of the Ring for you uninitiated) to write this... and now go to sleep again?!? This is truly shocking for some... lol.) More later!

No comments: