Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tues Evening

It is now about 11:30 PM, C-time Tues.

H is chatting on Skype with Mom.

I did hold out in the airport - the last 30 mins I played Jonas Brothers at an abnormally loud (for me) volume... aahhh, the soundtrack of last summer...

I am tired again, and unpacked (!).

Today I sat in on H's Freshman Oral English class. It was quite fun.

We had hot pot for lunch - basically you have a pot over a little sterno lamp with broth and spices, and you get skewers and pieces of whatever you pick (meat, greens, potatoes), you then add it to the boiling/simmering broth to cook. H got a lot of stuff for me to try, and it didn't taste bad, but my stomach was feeling unsettled (jet lag, I think) and I was tired, so I didn't enjoy it to its potential.

We got naps after lunch, and roused ourselves to go to Wal-Mart in pursuit of an Xmas tree.

We had KFC for supper, but again I wasn't feeling top notch, and I was still full from lunch, so it wasn't outstanding.

I unpacked while H got a bath (so I could separate 1st and 2nd Xmas presents).

H and I are quite back to being sisters - a little touchy, etc. ... I blame jet lag, it's handy...

Oh! As I unpacked, I found the seeds and soil! Yay! Now to find things to plant them in...

Blah. I'm tired. I'm going to get ready for bed!

No comments: