Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tues Evening

I now have a Chinese name: Shang Guan Xiao - Xiao Xiao to my friends (pronunciation guide - Shan Goo-an Shee-ow). It basically means Princess Laughter... Xiao is laughter and Shang Guan is a rare family name that is reserved for nobility/royalty. Maybe I'll have a kid I name Xiao... or it'll be my Chinese pen name...

I just got back from a party in the downstairs lobby with 3 of H's classes, only girls showed up (there's a dearth of boys in her classes, anyway, most only have 2, and there are 5 boys in one class, but only 4 come with any frequency...), which wasn't a problem. We solved the tree decorating thing by letting the students decorate the tree, then I carefully carried the tree upstairs with the decorations on it, H and I may tweak some of it or just leave it alone. The party was extra special because one of the ladies from H's company came and read a story about the 1st Xmas, which seemed to go over well.

1 comment:

Charles and Sheila Miller said...

Hello! We had cousin visitors today and Mom was great to share your blog with me. I am so excited and will spend more time reading all there is. This is great! Love cousin sheila