Saturday, December 20, 2008

From the Beijing airport... waiting for my next flight

The Beijing airport (Terminal 3) reminds me very much of the Madrid airport - sans the color progression. Thankfully, there are little luggage handcarts available free of charge around the airport. My back and shoulders thank them. I got a skycap to help me when I arrived at Terminal 3 (I flew into Terminal... 2? which is about a 10 min ride from Terminal 3. (There's a complimentary shuttle to get you to and fro.)). 5 dollars seemed a decent price for someone else pushing my luggage, checking me in (for my next flight), and making sure I knew where to go for the right gate. I'm not sure if I stiffed him or if he's gleeful at the generous American (probably the latter...). They let my quart bag of liquids go through security, even though you are evidently not to take liquids on domestic carry-ons. I am quite tired, but this will be like school - muscle yourself awake until you get a chance to nap - the flight to Chanchun (which, my redcap informed me, is pronounced "Chan-chuan") Thanks, H, for correcting us over Skype (NOT :)).

I feel like watching crunchyroll, probably because it feels like I'm living in an asian show.

The mountains around Beijing are stunning from the air. On the ground, though, the air is browned and hazy.

I am currently watching world news in Chinese.

When we landed, the flight attendant was going through the standard "Thank you for choosing Continental" when she interrupted herself by saying, "Sir, please sit down and do not try to open the luggage compartment ... Sir, please sit down." Then she resumed her spiel. (I think she was laughing a little when she started again...)

I am very tired... I still have 1 1/2 hrs to go... waah! I think I'll take a walk, find the restroom, get some more water (fyi, they have nifty little packets next to the drinking fountain to fill and drink from, they're a tad flimsier than cone paper cups, but more space efficient...)

Oh, H's chiropractor, I love you already!

It's hard to grasp that in less than 4 hrs, I'll see H! Lw, of course. But firse, I'm sleeping the entire flight!

Okay, moving... ... after I tear myself from the tv... okay, now!

No comments: