Saturday, December 20, 2008

Beijing airport - Part II

I am pleased to assure you that the bathrooms are neat and clean.

Instead of returning to my previous spot to be hypnotized again by tv, I have found a good spot to sit, write, and people watch.

It is quarter after 5, and the sky is quickly growing darker.

There are red lines on the back of my hand from my skin cracking... it looks like someone clawed me... Maybe I stuck my hand in the wrong place somewhere...

My lips are dry again - I had an overabundance of facial moisturizer (It seems altitude does strange things to thin creams in squeeze bottles which are still very full.) so I applied some to my lips, which helped, but now they're feeling dry again...

There was a moment at security (which is every bit as fun as US airport security) when I was afraid the hot chocolate powder wouldn't go through, but thankfully, it did.

Oh crud! I just realized that we forgot to pack H's French books! That's really annoying! There was no space for them, anyway, but maybe we could have switched something or other out...

I'm going to stop for now and apply some dry skin relief.

No comments: